With the rapid growth of artificial intelligence, expert knowledge must use cutting-edge machine learning techniques to solve real-world problems. At Matroid, we’re building an intuitive product that allows anyone to train and deploy computer vision models without the need to write code.
Founded in 2016 by a Stanford professor, Matroid has raised $33.5 million from NEA, Energize Ventures, and Intel Capital and has a broad range of customers and partners in manufacturing, industrial IoT, and security.
We’re looking for a talented DevOps Engineer to help develop and operate the infrastructure that powers Matroid’s computer vision platform. Working alongside software and computer vision experts, you’ll collaborate to solve problems, enable features and increase efficiency by deploying, automating, and operating shared services, systems, and tooling.
You’ll be working onsite at our new downtown Palo Alto office, located near the Stanford campus and Caltrain.
What you’ll be doing
- Managing and improving our existing infrastructure running on AWS and Kubernetes
- Investigating, deploying, and operating new infrastructure solutions that are secure, reliable, and scalable
- Applying and developing modern best practices such as infrastructure-as-code and observability
- Developing custom monitoring and alerting rules, maintaining operations dashboards
- Maintaining and improving our automation and tooling
How you’ll be doing it
- You’ll be working with modern technologies like Kubernetes, Helm, CircleCI, and Prometheus
- You’ll be part of a world-class, multidisciplinary engineering team, where each member identifies and prioritizes valuable and interesting new features to work on.
- You will operate in a collaborative but highly autonomous environment that isn’t bogged down by unnecessary meetings or project management.
- You will know that almost everything you build affects real-world users, and you will set the quality standards for your work appropriately.
- You will work collaboratively alongside software and computer vision experts to deploy new infrastructure solutions empowering Matroid features and capabilities
- You will learn a lot along the way, diving into new technologies and the world of computer vision both on your own and during frequent company tech talks.
What you bring to the table
- Work experience with Kubernetes, AWS, Helm, Docker
- Strong at Python and Bash scripting
- Experience operating and administering Linux systems
- Bachelors in CS or equivalent, or strong work experience
Bonus points if...
- Experience with: Prometheus, CircleCI, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Nginx, gRPC, Kafka, Redis, Grafana
- Experience with SysOps, SRE and/or SecOps
- Operational experience with Machine Learning systems, MLOps
- Familiarity with machine learning technologies and concepts
What we offer in return
- Competitive pay and equity
- The chance to constantly work on stimulating intellectual challenges
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Free lunch, healthy drinks, and snacks every day
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance with 100% paid premiums
- A flexible schedule that leaves time for all of your other interests
- A budget for whatever hardware or software will make you most effective
- Resources to learn about the cutting edge of software engineering and computer vision
Matroid is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.