Help us solve automated intelligence. Led by professors from Stanford, Berkeley, and MIT, we are focused on moving mature machine learning research into the hands of industry. At Matroid, we’re building an intuitive product that allows anyone to train and deploy computer vision models without having to write a single line of code. Founded by a Stanford Professor in 2016, Matroid has raised $33.5 million in funding, and the product has been successfully used in a range of security, manufacturing, and industrial IoT applications.
Located in historic Palo Alto, right next to Stanford campus. Enjoy some of the benefits:
We’re looking for a talented Product Design Engineer to design and develop a camera to integrate with our computer vision platform. As a leading member of our product team, you would conceive, design, test, solve problems, and bring into production products that re-define the camera experience. You will work closely with many different multi-functional engineering consultants including Industrial Design, Packaging, Safety, Hardware Engineering, EMC, Operations and Marketing. Expertly integrating so many different pieces into brand new products means every single day is different.
With the rapid growth of artificial intelligence, more and more expert knowledge is required to use cutting edge AI techniques to solve real-world problems. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Matroid is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is passionate about people who want to help meet that commitment.
• 3+ years experience in product design
• Demonstrated ability in plastic and metal part design.
• 3-D CAD skills
• Accurate mechanical intuition
• Experience in Design for Manufacturability (DFM), and Design for Assembly (DFA), statistical tolerance analysis techniques, functional dimensioning, and geometric tolerancing.
• Deep analytical/problem solving skills and ability to use statistical tools and techniques.
• Working knowledge of finite element analysis theory and general mechanical engineering analysis.
• Flexibility and comfort working in a quickly changing environment.
Additional Requirements Preferred
• Experience working with overseas manufacturers
• Consumer electronics design experience
• Integration of wireless antenna (GSM, GPS, Wifi) into mechanical enclosures
• Experience with component modules (Audio drivers, batteries, power supplies, camera modules, etc.)
• Design of audio subsystems (microphone, speaker, receiver)
• Ability to communicate in Mandarin