Matroid’s mission is to enable computers to visually understand the world.
With a “no programming required” product, Matroid empowers businesses and industry with our computer vision solutions. Our users can deploy cutting-edge, deep neural networks on the cloud or on-premise with the click of a button.
Founded in 2016 by a Stanford professor, Matroid has raised $33.5 million from NEA, Energize Ventures, and Intel Capital and has a broad range of customers and partners in manufacturing, industrial IoT, and security.
We’re looking for a world-class Senior Software Engineer in Infrastructure to help develop the systems that powers Matroid’s computer vision platform. Working alongside software and computer vision experts, you’ll collaborate to solve problems, enable features and increase efficiency by building new shared services, systems, and tooling.
You’ll be working onsite at our new downtown Palo Alto office, located near the Stanford campus and Caltrain.
What you’ll be doing
- Developing new infrastructure on AWS and Kubernetes that is secure, reliable, and scalable
- Coding up new capabilities for the systems that power our computer vision platform
- Increasing efficiency across engineering with better libraries, tooling and automation
- Applying modern best practices such as infrastructure-as-code and observability
How you’ll be doing it
- You’ll be working with modern technologies like Python, Tensorflow, Kubernetes, Helm, CircleCI, and Prometheus
- You’ll be part of a world-class, multidisciplinary engineering team, where each member identifies and prioritizes valuable and interesting new features to work on
- You will operate in a collaborative but highly autonomous environment that isn’t bogged down by unnecessary meetings or project management
- You will know that almost everything you build affects real-world users, and you will set the quality standards for your work appropriately
- You will work collaboratively alongside software and computer vision experts to deploy new infrastructure solutions empowering Matroid features and capabilities
- You will learn a lot along the way, diving into new technologies and the world of computer vision both on your own and during frequent company tech talks.
What you bring to the table
- Enthusiasm for working on infrastructure and backend systems
- Strong Python coding skills
- Experience with Linux, and some of: Kubernetes, AWS, Docker, Helm
- Bachelors in CS or equivalent
- 2+ years experience developing software
Bonus points if...
- Work experience as a software engineer in backend infrastructure
- Experience with: Kafka, Redis, gRPC, Prometheus, CircleCI, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Nginx
- Experience with DevOps, SRE and/or InfoSec
- Familiarity with machine learning technologies, concepts and operation
What we offer in return
- Competitive pay and equity
- The chance to constantly work on stimulating intellectual challenges
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Free lunch, healthy drinks, and snacks every day
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance with 100% paid premiums
- A flexible schedule that leaves time for all of your other interests
- A budget for whatever hardware or software will make you most effective
- Resources to learn about the cutting edge of software engineering and computer vision
Matroid is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.