Matroid’s mission is to enable computers to visually understand the world.
With a “no programming required” product, Matroid brings computer vision into the hands of many. Our users can deploy cutting-edge, deep neural networks on the cloud or on-premise with the click of a button.
At Matroid, you will have the opportunity to work directly with founder and CEO, Reza Zadeh, and a world-class engineering team. You’ll immediately take on high-impact projects, building features like visual search, semantic segmentation, custom object tracking, model interpretability, video summarization, and the infrastructure required to run complex machine learning workloads.
Headquartered in Palo Alto and founded in 2016 by Stanford Professor Reza Zadeh Ph.D., Matroid has raised $33.5 million from NEA, Energize Ventures, and Intel Capital.
You’ll be working at our new office in downtown Palo Alto, just a five-minute walk from the Caltrain station.
What you’ll be doing
- Design and develop features for a computer vision platform that is truly the first of its kind.
- Identify new technologies and best practices for our growing engineering team.
- Improve site performance on both the client and server-side.
- Incorporate user feedback to design and build a better product.
- Create better visualizations for the outputs of computer vision models running on video streams and images.
- Ensure that our platform features work at an ever-growing scale.
How you’ll be doing it
- You’ll be part of a world-class, multidisciplinary engineering team, where each member identifies and prioritizes valuable and interesting new features to work on.
- You will operate in a collaborative but highly autonomous environment that isn’t bogged down by unnecessary meetings or project management.
- You will know that almost everything you build affects real-world users, and you will set the quality standards for your work appropriately.
- You will think creatively and your suggestions about new features and ideas will be considered by other members of the team.
- You will have direct access to customers and be able to iterate on your features based on their feedback.
- You’ll be working with modern technologies like React, Node.js, MongoDB, Docker, and Kubernetes.
- You will learn a lot along the way, diving into new technologies and the world of computer vision both on your own and during frequent company tech talks.
What you’ll bring to the table
- You are a self-starter who can prioritize what to work on and fully design, build, and write tests for new features.
- You’re comfortable moving across the stack: on a typical day, you might optimize a database query and tweak a user interface to be more intuitive.
- You have an eye for design and an understanding of what can make a user interface more intuitive and delightful.
- You can show that you’re smart, analytical, and a fast learner. Sometimes you’ll work on things using unfamiliar languages or technologies, but you know you can handle that.
- There aren’t any strict requirements for your background, but you’re technical. Maybe you have a CS (or similar) degree, or you’re a boot camp grad with a STEM background and strong portfolio, or you might be self-taught with a few years of industry experience.
- It’s a plus if you have experience in areas that might be relevant to a startup working on computer vision: data visualization, scaling web applications, DevOps, etc…
What we offer in return
- Competitive pay and equity.
- The chance to constantly work on stimulating intellectual challenges.
- Gym membership reimbursement.
- Free, lunch, snacks, and caffeine every day.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance with 100% paid premiums.
- A flexible schedule that leaves time for all of your other interests.
- A budget for whatever hardware will make you most effective.
- Resources to learn about the cutting edge of software engineering and computer vision.
- You’ll be working at our new office in downtown Palo Alto, just a five-minute walk from the Caltrain station.
Matroid is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.