With the rapid growth of artificial intelligence, more and more expert knowledge is required to use cutting edge AI techniques to solve real-world problems. At Matroid, we’re building an intuitive product that allows anyone to train and deploy computer vision models without needing to know how to write a line of code.
Founded in 2016 by a Stanford professor, Matroid has raised $33.5 million from NEA, Energize Ventures, and Intel Capital and has a broad range of customers and partners in manufacturing, industrial IoT, and security.
We’re looking for a Deep Learning Field Engineer to operate as the customer-facing technical expert across both pre-sales and post-sales - translating customer requirements and business objectives to best-in-class technology solutions.
You’ll be working at our new office in downtown Palo Alto, just a five-minute walk from the Caltrain station.
What you’ll be doing
- Collaborate with the sales and engineering teams to drive business development, including building and presenting marketing materials, customized demos, flyers, decks, and proposals.
- Assist sales in qualifying leads from a technical perspective.
- Provide prototypes and deliver PoC solutions tailored to customer requirements.
- Serve as the primary liaison with customers on all technical matters, including integration, deployment, troubleshooting, and any other technical queries.
- Lead product training sessions.
How you’ll be doing it
- You will empower customers to build and deploy world-class computer vision solutions to solve challenging business use cases.
- You will be a product advocate, providing technical domain expertise to customers.
- You will be a customer expert, understanding the intimate technical and commercial requirements of customers.
- You will operate in a collaborative but highly autonomous environment that isn’t bogged down by unnecessary meetings or project management.
- You will learn a lot along the way, diving into new technologies and the world of computer vision both on your own and during frequent company tech talks.
What you bring to the table
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or another technical field.
- Experience training and deploying state-of-the-art computer vision models using popular machine learning frameworks, such as TensorFlow or PyTorch.
- Strong software engineering skills.
- Solid oral, written, presentation, collaboration, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Adept at communicating to both technical and commercial audiences.
- All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Proof of vaccination is required on the first day of employment.
Bonus points if...
- Undergraduate/graduate degree with a concentration in computer vision, artificial intelligence, machine learning, or related field.
- Previous work experience in solutions, sales engineering, professional services, consulting, or another customer-facing field.
- Experience with high growth technology startups.
What we offer in return
- Competitive pay and equity.
- The chance to constantly work on stimulating intellectual challenges.
- Gym membership reimbursement.
- Free lunch, healthy drinks, and snacks every day.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance with 100% paid premiums.
- A flexible schedule that leaves time for all of your other interests.
- A budget for whatever hardware or software will make you most effective.
- Resources to learn about the cutting edge of software engineering and computer vision.
- You’ll be working at our new office in downtown Palo Alto, just a five-minute walk from the Caltrain station.
Matroid is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.