PALO ALTO, CA, USA - ENGINEERING - FULL-TIME
With the rapid growth of artificial intelligence, more and more expert knowledge is required to use cutting edge AI techniques to solve real-world problems. At Matroid, we’re building an intuitive product that allows anyone to train and deploy computer vision models without needing to know how to write a line of code. Founded by a Stanford Professor in 2016, Matroid has raised $33.5 million in funding, and the product has been successfully used in a range of manufacturing, security, and industrial IoT applications.
You’ll be working at our new office in downtown Palo Alto, just a five minute walk from the Caltrain station.
What you’ll be doing
- Design and develop features for a computer vision platform that is truly first of its kind
- Identify new technologies and best practices for our growing engineering team
- Improve site performance on both the client and server side
- Incorporate user feedback to design and build a better product
- Create better visualizations for the outputs of computer vision models running on video streams and images
- Ensure that our platform features work at an ever growing scale
How you’ll be doing it
- You’ll be part of a world-class, multidisciplinary engineering team, where each member identifies and prioritizes valuable and interesting new features to work on.
- You will operate in a collaborative but highly autonomous environment that isn’t bogged down by unnecessary meetings or project management.
- You will know that almost everything you build affects real world users, and you will set the quality standards for your work appropriately.
- You will think creatively and your suggestions about new features and ideas will be considered by other members of the team.
- You will have direct access to customers and be able to iterate on your features based on their feedback.
- You’ll be working with modern technologies like React, Node.js, MongoDB, Docker, and Kubernetes.
- You will learn a lot along the way, diving into new technologies and the world of computer vision both on your own and during frequent company tech talks.
What you’ll bring to the table
- You are a self starter who can prioritize what to work on and fully design, build, and write tests for new features.
- You’re comfortable moving across the stack: on a typical day you might optimize a database query and tweak a user interface to be more intuitive.
- You have an eye for design and an understanding for what can make a user interface more intuitive and delightful.
- You can show that you’re smart, analytical, and a fast learner. Sometimes you’ll work on things using unfamiliar languages or technologies, but you know you can handle that.
- There aren’t any strict requirements for your background, but you’re technical. Maybe you have a CS (or similar) degree, or you’re a bootcamp grad with a STEM background and strong portfolio, or you might be self taught with a few years of industry experience.
- It’s a plus if you have experience in areas that might be relevant to a startup working on computer vision: data visualization, scaling web applications, DevOps, etc…
What we offer in return
- Competitive pay and equity
- The chance to constantly work on stimulating intellectual challenges
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Free, lunch, snacks, and caffeine every day
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance with 100% paid premiums
- A flexible schedule that leaves time for all of your other interests
- A budget for whatever hardware will make you most effective
- Resources to learn about the cutting edge of software engineering and computer vision