With the rapid growth of artificial intelligence, more and more expert knowledge is required to use cutting-edge machine learning techniques to solve real-world problems. At Matroid, we’ve built an intuitive product that allows anyone to train and deploy custom computer vision models without having to write a single line of code.
Founded in 2016 by a Stanford professor, Matroid has raised $33.5 million from NEA, Energize Ventures, and Intel Capital and has a broad range of customers and partners in manufacturing, industrial IoT, and security. We’re leaders in machine learning and big data, having published research and a textbook, and we have 10 computer vision patents pending. Annually we hold a world-class conference in the Bay Area: Scaled Machine Learning (scaledml.org).
We are looking for an Office Manager who is responsible for recruiting, interviewing, assisting the team with administrative tasks, manage the office, and of course the day-to-day ad hoc requests. You will be reporting directly to the Operations Manager.
What you’ll be doing
- Source and recruit candidates by using databases, social media, etc.
- Drive the recruiting process; conduct phone screens, review resumes, reach out to talent
- Assess applicants’ relevant knowledge, skills, soft skills, experience, and aptitudes
- Onboard new employees in order to become fully integrated
- Oversee the visitor experience: greet guests, vendors, and deliveries
- Keep the kitchen and common areas organized and fully stocked with supplies on a daily basis
- Be the cultural ambassador to guests, visitors, and employees
- Own our Swag game: work with external vendors to design t-shirts, giveaways, internal items, promotional items, and more.
- Arrange monthly fun social events, quarterly team-building outings, annual company trips
- Organize parties, birthdays, anniversaries, and other impromptu activities
- Work with a variety of 3rd party vendors
- Assist in planning our annual conference, ScaledML
- Monitor and maintain various office equipment and supply inventories
- Pitch in to help with other daily tasks and team requests
- Learn new technology and test software as needed
What you bring to the table
- AA degree or higher with 2 years experience
- Nice to have experience with recruiting and the hiring process
- Nice to have experience building and driving talent sourcing initiatives.
- Can adapt to ever-changing priorities, meanwhile keeping sensitive information confidential
- Strong writing skills with a polished communication style
- An amazing juggler and organizer, handling many tasks with ease in a fast-paced environment
- A self-starter and must learn quickly with little to no supervision
- Work hours: M-F, 8-5pm; on rare occasion weekends to meet deadlines
What we offer in return
- Competitive pay and equity
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Free lunch, healthy drinks, and snacks every day
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance with 100% paid premiums
- A flexible schedule that leaves time for all of your other interests
- A budget for whatever hardware or software that will make you most effective
Matroid is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.