With the rapid growth of artificial intelligence, more and more expert knowledge is required to use cutting-edge machine learning techniques to solve real-world problems. At Matroid, we’ve built an intuitive product that allows anyone to train and deploy custom computer vision models without having to write a single line of code.
Founded in 2016 by a Stanford professor, Matroid has raised $33.5 million from NEA, Energize Ventures, and Intel Capital and has a broad range of customers and partners in manufacturing, industrial IoT, and security. We’re leaders in machine learning and big data, having published research and a textbook, and we have 10 computer vision patents pending. Annually we hold a world-class conference in the Bay Area: Scaled Machine Learning (scaledml.org).
We are looking for an Office Manager who is responsible for answering emails, scheduling interviews, assisting the team with administrative tasks, and of course the day-to-day ad hoc requests. You will be reporting directly to the Operations Manager.
What you’ll be doing
- Oversee the visitor experience: greet guests, vendors, and deliveries
- Maintain the office making sure space looks and feels incredible; clean, neat, and guest-ready.
- Keep the kitchen and common areas organized and fully stocked with supplies on a daily basis
- Order daily lunch for the team using a food delivery service
- Be the cultural ambassador to guests, visitors, and employees
- Own our Swag game: work with external vendors to design t-shirts, giveaways, internal items, promotional items, and more.
- Arrange monthly fun social events, quarterly team-building outings, annual company trips (as county guidelines permit)
- Organize parties, birthdays, anniversaries, and other impromptu activities
- Assist in the recruiting process; conduct phone screens, review resumes, reach out to talent
- Work with a variety of 3rd party vendors
- Assist in planning our annual conference, ScaledML
- Monitor and maintain various office equipment and supply inventories
- Pitch in to help with other daily tasks and team requests
- Learn new technology and test our software as needed
What you bring to the table
- AA degree or higher
- Knowledge with Microsoft Office Suite or Google G-Suite
- A self starter and must learn quickly with little to no supervision
- Strong writing skills with a polished communication style
- An amazing juggler and organizer, handling many tasks with ease in a fast-paced environment
- Can adapt to ever changing priorities, meanwhile keeping sensitive information confidential
- Work hours: M-F, 8-5pm; on rare occasion weekends to meet deadlines
What we offer in return
- Competitive pay and equity
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Free lunch, healthy drinks and snacks every day
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance with 100% paid premiums
- A flexible schedule that leaves time for all of your other interests
- A budget for whatever hardware or software that will make you most effective
Matroid is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.