Here at Matroid, you will have the opportunity to work with a cutting edge and innovative computer vision company located in the heart of Silicon Valley. Join us as the executive assistant to the CEO.
Headquartered in Palo Alto and founded in 2016 by Stanford Professor Reza Zadeh, Matroid has raised $33.5 million from NEA, Energize Ventures, and Intel Capital with 10 of thousands of customers across the USA.
This role wears many hats including organizing social events, general administrative duties, maintaining and managing calendars, making travel arrangements, running point on home tasks, scheduling household staff, entertaining and much more! You will be the go to person for anything concerning the team’s professional and personal life.
What you will be doing
- Provide 360 degree support to the CEO, working out of two offices in the Palo Alto area
- Promptly respond to requests with accuracy and a courteous demeanor.
- Utilize analytical skills and a broad understanding of the business to interpret and anticipate the needs of the executives and proactively bring together appropriate resources to be supportive in addressing issues.
- Creation, organization and condensing of slide decks that would be presented
- Responsible for calendar management, requiring interaction with internal and external directors and assistants, to coordinate a variety of meetings with attention to different time zones. These can range from daily meetings to speaking events and conferences
- Manage email filing, distribution lists/mailboxes, and document preparation for internal and external meetings.
- Create, format and maintain detailed slide reports and documents utilizing advanced technical skills
- Handle communication eloquently and professionally
- Organize and execute travel arrangements, from flights to hotels and transportation
- Keep both the home and work offices organized
- Stay on top of mail and deliveries at the home
- Coordinate and execute service contracts for the home, dry cleaning, personal shopping and any other events that pertain the to the CEO
What you bring to the table
- 3+ years of recent, long-term, professional experience as an Executive Personal Assistant
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to plan, organize, and multitask with minimal supervision
- Strong written correspondence and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer operation experience
- Expert level skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to maintain respectful relations to all the interfaces made on behalf of the employer
- Ability to handle confidential information professionally
- Strong calendaring experience, preferably dealing with complex meeting scheduling and shifting priorities
- Previous experience with complex travel arrangements
- Up to date vaccination
Nice to have
- Previous work experience at a tech startup
- Knowledge of computer vision and software as a service
What we offer in return
- Competitive pay and equity.
- The chance to constantly work on stimulating intellectual challenges.
- Gym membership reimbursement.
- Free lunch, healthy drinks, and snacks every day.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance with 100% paid premiums.
- A flexible schedule that leaves time for all of your other interests.
- A budget for whatever hardware or software will make you most effective.
- Resources to learn about the cutting edge of software engineering and computer vision.
- You’ll be working at our new office in downtown Palo Alto, just a five-minute walk from the Caltrain station.
Matroid is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.