With the rapid growth of artificial intelligence, expert knowledge must use cutting-edge machine learning techniques to solve real-world problems. At Matroid, we’re building an intuitive product that allows anyone to train and deploy computer vision models without the need to write code.
Founded by a Stanford Professor in 2016, Matroid has raised $33.5 million in funding and is in use in a range of manufacturing, security, and industrial IoT applications.
We’re looking for a talented test automation engineer to build out a testing framework for our computer vision services. You’ll operate with autonomy while working in an engineering culture that fosters empowerment. Along the way, you will learn about cutting-edge machine learning, and over time your role on the team will evolve with your growing interests and skill set.
You’ll be working at our new office in downtown Palo Alto, just a five-minute walk from the Caltrain station.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop automated tests for our product and services using frameworks like Mocha, Selenium, Jest.
- Work with our development team to test new features, converting initial manual efforts into new automated tests.
- Identify new automation best practices for our growing engineering team.
- Improve our continuous delivery pipeline, ensuring that we can roll out frequent, robust releases.
- Raise the bar for our product quality, by catching bugs before they get to end-users.
- Design methods to test complex machine learning pipelines.
How you’ll be doing it
- You’ll be part of a world-class, multidisciplinary engineering team, where each member identifies and prioritizes valuable and interesting new features to work on.
- You will operate in a collaborative but highly autonomous environment that isn’t bogged down by unnecessary meetings or project management.
- You will know that almost everything you build affects real-world users, and you will set the quality standards for your work appropriately.
- You will think creatively and your suggestions about new features and ideas we’ll be considered by other members of the team.
- You will learn a lot along the way, diving into new technologies and the world of computer vision both on your own and during frequent company tech talks.
What you’ll bring to the table
- You have experience testing large-scale software products.
- You are a self-starter who can prioritize what to work on and build out a robust testing pipeline.
- You have the creativity to always think of new ways to break things. You won’t settle until we’ve covered as many corner cases as possible.
- You’re comfortable writing a variety of tests: during a given week you might go from writing unit tests for a backend service to end-to-end functional browser tests.
- You can show that you’re smart, analytical, and a fast learner. Sometimes you’ll work on things using unfamiliar languages or technologies, but you know you can handle that.
- There aren’t any strict requirements for your background, but you’re technical. Maybe you have a CS (or similar) degree, or you’re a boot camp grad with a STEM background, or you might be self-taught with a few years of industry experience.
What we offer in return
- Competitive pay and equity.
- The chance to constantly work on stimulating intellectual challenges.
- Gym membership reimbursement.
- Free, lunch, snacks, and caffeine every day.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, 100% paid premiums.
- A flexible schedule that leaves time for all of your other interests.
- A budget for whatever hardware will make you most effective.
- Budget and resources to learn about the cutting edge of software engineering and computer vision.
- You’ll be working at our new office in downtown Palo Alto, just a five-minute walk from the Caltrain station.
Matroid is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.