With the rapid growth of artificial intelligence, more and more expert knowledge is required to use cutting edge AI techniques to solve real world problems. At Matroid, we’re building an intuitive product that allows anyone to train and deploy computer vision models without needing to know how to write a single line of code. Founded by a Stanford Professor in 2016, Matroid has raised $33.5 million in funding, and the product has been successfully used in a range of security, manufacturing, and industrial IoT applications.
You’ll be working onsite at our Palo Alto office, located near the Stanford campus and Caltrain.
As a Developer Advocate at Matroid you will
- Get up to speed on Matroid’s products, partner technologies, and existing customers and use cases.
- Use the products extensively and create documentation, getting started guides, and demos.
- Lead training, user groups, and discussions for the Matroid community and customers.
- Create and publish a wide-range of technical content in degrees of technical breadth and depth depending on audience needs, such as: videocasts, best practices, white papers, technical guides, and training.
- Develop and present talks, demonstrations, workshops for conferences, and events in-person and online.
- Maintain a strong and credible presence in social media channels relevant to developers, scientists, and research professionals.
- Monitor common social media channels reflecting the voice of the Matroid community and being able to decide when to participate in those online discussions.
- Immerse yourself in online customer conversations and seek those out, through social media platforms, tech blogs, forums, virtual events and more.
- Gather meaningful feedback to our Engineering teams to help improve our offering and creatively address pain points and user-specific requests.
- Contribute to our overall developer strategy with your industry experience, relationships, and knowledge of developer best practices, trends, and concepts.
What you'll bring to the table
- 5+ years of partner/sales engineering, software engineering or developer advocacy experience.
- Assured and articulate public speaking skills in front of large and diverse technical audiences
- Ability to collaborate and develop positive relationships with all cross-functional areas and with external luminaries.
- Able to hit the ground running (while learning on the job); be methodical and organized; able to manage multiple opportunities, projects and priorities concurrently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the desire to share knowledge with the team and community.
- Ability to share examples of past talks, videos, and writing content.
- Demonstrated experience in technical writing of articles, solution references, documentation, slide presentations, technical scripts and/or tutorials.
- Thought leadership in a technical community preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent degree.
Nice to have
- Experience in Machine learning and AI technologies.
- SEO Strategy: You have experience defining and managing SEO strategies.
- Experience with digital channels and tools, from Google Ads to all the social platforms, including search, video, display, retargeting, podcasts, etc., and know how to set up campaigns, ads, tracking, and targeting.
- Marketing Automation: You have experience with marketing automation and CRM tools like Salesforce and HubSpot, Marketo, Pardot, or Eloqua, Google Analytics— including segmentation, nurture sequences, automations, and email campaigns.
What we offer in return
- Competitive pay and equity.
- The chance to constantly work on stimulating intellectual challenges.
- Gym membership reimbursement.
- Free, lunch, snacks, and caffeine every day.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance with 100% paid premiums.
- A flexible schedule that leaves time for all of your other interests.
- A budget for whatever hardware will make you most effective.
- Budget and resources to learn about the cutting edge of software engineering and computer vision.