With the rapid growth of artificial intelligence, more and more expert knowledge is required to use cutting edge AI techniques to solve real world problems. At Matroid, we’re building an intuitive product that allows anyone to train and deploy computer vision models without needing to know how to write a single line of code. Founded by a Stanford Professor in 2016, Matroid has raised $33.5 million in funding, and the product has been successfully used in a range of manufacturing, industrial IoT, and security applications.
You’ll be working at our new office in downtown Palo Alto, just a five minute walk from the Caltrain station.
- Build, scale and optimize our distributed video ingestion pipeline
- Develop and maintain software for processing high-volume low-latency video streams
- Explore and evaluate new open-source libraries
- Design prototypes and execute experiments to guide engineering efforts
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with Python, C, C++, Linux
- Experience with open source media libraries (FFmpeg/Gstreamer)
- Experience with real time data pipelining (Kafka)
- Knowledge of common streaming protocol (RTMP/RTSP), video container format (MP4/MPEGTS) and video codecs (H.264/HEVC)
- Masters in Computer Science or equivalent
What we offer in return
- Competitive pay and equity.
- The chance to constantly work on stimulating intellectual challenges.
- Gym membership reimbursement.
- Free, lunch, snacks, and caffeine every day.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance with 100% paid premiums.
- A flexible schedule that leaves time for all of your other interests.
- A budget for whatever hardware will make you most effective.
- Budget and resources to learn about the cutting edge of software engineering and computer vision.