Matroid’s mission is to enable computers to visually understand the world.
With a “no programming required” product, Matroid empowers businesses and industries with our computer vision solutions. Our users can deploy cutting-edge, deep neural networks on the cloud or on-premise with the click of a button.
Founded in 2016 by a Stanford professor, Matroid has raised $33.5 million from NEA, Energize Ventures, and Intel Capital and has a broad range of customers and partners in manufacturing, industrial IoT, and security.
We’re looking for a talented Software Engineering Intern to assist the infrastructure team in developing the underlying systems and services that power Matroid’s computer vision platform.
You’ll be working onsite at our new downtown Palo Alto office, located near the Stanford campus and Caltrain.
What you’ll be doing
- Developing a significant piece of software infrastructure for Matroid’s computer vision platform
- Measuring and evaluating technology and design tradeoffs and alternatives
- Iteratively scoping, designing, and building your project while getting feedback and mentorship from experienced team members
How you’ll be doing it
- You will work on a standalone infrastructure project with autonomy, yet also have the guidance and mentorship of senior team members
- You’ll be working with a modern infrastructure technology stack
- You will be part of a fast-moving, world-class, multidisciplinary engineering team at a Silicon Valley startup
- You will learn a lot along the way, diving into new technologies and the world of computer vision both on your own and during frequent company tech talks.
What you bring to the table
- Working towards a degree in CS or equivalent
- Significant experience building software systems, either via previous work experience or personal projects
- Enthusiasm for working on infrastructure and backend systems
- Expertise with Python and Linux
Bonus points if...
- Experience developing backend infrastructure projects
- Expertise with: Kubernetes, AWS, Docker, Kafka, gRPC, Redis
- Familiarity with machine learning technologies, concepts, and operation
What we offer in return
- Competitive pay and compensation
- The chance to constantly work on stimulating intellectual challenges
- Mentorship and opportunities for technical growth
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Resources to learn about the cutting edge of software engineering and computer vision
- You’ll be working at our new office in downtown Palo Alto, just a five-minute walk from the Caltrain station
Matroid is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.