Matroid makes computer vision simple. We’ve built an easy-to-use and intuitive studio for creating and deploying detectors (computer vision models) to search visual media for people, objects, and events - no programming required.
Founded in 2016 by a Stanford professor, Matroid has raised $33.5 million from NEA, Energize Ventures, and Intel Capital and has a broad range of customers and partners in manufacturing, industrial IoT, security, and more. We’re leaders in machine learning and big data. We’ve published research, a textbook, have 10 computer vision patents pending, and annually hold a world-class conference - Scaled Machine Learning (ScaledML scaledml.org).
You’ll be working at our new office in downtown Palo Alto, just a five minute walk from the Caltrain station.
We’re looking for a Deep Learning Solutions Engineer to operate as the customer-facing technical expert across both pre-sales and post-sales - translating customer requirements and business objectives to best-in-class technical solutions.
- Collaborate with sales and engineering to drive business development, including building and presenting marketing materials, customized demos, flyers, decks and proposals
- Assist sales in qualifying leads from a technical perspective
- Prototype and deliver PoC solutions tailored to customer requirements
- Serve as the primary liaison with customers on all technical matters, including integration, deployment, troubleshooting and any other technical queries
- Lead product training sessions
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering or other technical field
- Experience training and deploying state-of-the-art models using popular machine learning frameworks, such as TensorFlow
- Solid oral, written, presentation, collaboration and interpersonal communication skills
- Adept at communicating to both technical and commercial audiences
Nice to haves
- Undergraduate / graduate degree with a concentration in computer vision, machine learning, data science or related field
- Computer vision knowledge and experience
- Previous work experience in solutions, sales engineering, professional services, consulting or other customer-facing field
- Experience with high growth technology startups
What we offer in return
- Competitive pay and equity
- The chance to constantly work on stimulating intellectual challenges
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Free lunch, snacks, and caffeine every day
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance with 100% paid premiums
- A flexible schedule that leaves time for all of your other interests
- A budget for whatever hardware will make you most effective
- Resources to learn about the cutting edge of software engineering and computer vision