With the rapid growth of artificial intelligence, more and more expert knowledge is required to use cutting-edge AI techniques to solve real-world problems. At Matroid, we’re building an intuitive product that allows anyone to train and deploy computer vision models without needing to know how to write a line of code.
Founded in 2016 by a Stanford professor, Matroid has raised $33.5 million from NEA, Energize Ventures, and Intel Capital and has a broad range of customers and partners in manufacturing, industrial IoT, and security.
We’re looking for a Computer Vision Intern to assist the deep learning team in tackling exciting computer vision challenges that empower Matroid features and capabilities.
You’ll be working at our new office in downtown Palo Alto, just a five-minute walk from the Caltrain station.
What you’ll be doing
- Conduct literature reviews and survey specific research domains, such as object tracking, panoptic segmentation, anomaly detection, or edge deployment.
- Perform experiments to evaluate and compare different model architectures and/or ML algorithms.
- Build prototypes and identify ways to productionize your project.
How you’ll be doing it
- You will work on a standalone project with autonomy yet under the guidance and mentorship of a senior member of the deep learning team.
- You’ll be working with deep learning frameworks, like Tensorflow and PyTorch.
- You will work collaboratively alongside software and computer vision experts to build new computer vision solutions empowering Matroid features and capabilities.
- You will learn a lot along the way, diving into new technologies and the world of computer vision both on your own and during frequent company tech talks.
What you bring to the table
- Bachelors in Computer Science (AI/ML specialization), Statistics, Mathematics (Probability), or equivalent.
- Strong foundations in probability, linear algebra, and optimization.
- Background in statistical modeling and inference.
- Experience with Deep Learning and CNNs.
Bonus points if…
- Experience with large-scale industrial applications of statistical modeling and inference.
- Experience with statistical modeling across a diverse range of data sets and domains.
- Masters in Computer Science (AI/ML specialization), Statistics, Mathematics (Probability), or equivalent.
What we offer in return
- Competitive pay and equity.
- The chance to constantly work on stimulating intellectual challenges.
- Gym membership reimbursement.
- Free lunch, healthy drinks, and snacks every day.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance with 100% paid premiums.
- A flexible schedule that leaves time for all of your other interests.
- A budget for whatever hardware or software will make you most effective.
- Resources to learn about the cutting edge of software engineering and computer vision.
- You’ll be working at our new office in downtown Palo Alto, just a five-minute walk from the Caltrain station.
Matroid is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.