With the rapid growth of artificial intelligence, expert knowledge must use cutting-edge machine learning techniques to solve real-world problems. At Matroid, we’re building an intuitive product that allows anyone to train and deploy computer vision models without the need to write code.
Founded in 2016 by a Stanford professor, Matroid has raised $33.5 million from NEA, Energize Ventures, and Intel Capital and has a broad range of customers and partners in manufacturing, industrial IoT, and security.
We’re looking for a talented Backend Software Engineer to help develop the backend systems and infrastructure that power Matroid’s computer vision platform. Working alongside other software and computer vision experts, you’ll collaborate to solve problems, enable new functionality and increase efficiency by developing backend software and systems.
You’ll be working onsite at our new office in downtown Palo Alto, located near the Stanford campus and a 5-minute walk from Caltrain.
What you’ll be doing
- Designing backend software systems that power our state of the art computer vision platform
- Developing software that operates both in scalable cloud Kubernetes clusters as well as secure on-premise environments
- Writing secure, scalable, testable code using modern best practices and technologies
How you’ll be doing it
- You’ll be working with modern technologies like Kubernetes, gRPC, Kafka, and Redis
- You’ll be part of a world-class, multidisciplinary engineering team, where each member identifies and prioritizes valuable and interesting new features to work on.
- You will operate in a collaborative but highly autonomous environment that isn’t bogged down by unnecessary meetings or project management.
- You will know that almost everything you build affects real-world users, and you will appropriately set the quality standards for your work.
- You will be working collaboratively alongside software and computer vision experts to understand what new infrastructure solutions are needed to power our platform features
- You will learn a lot along the way, diving into new technologies and the world of computer vision both on your own and during frequent company tech talks.
What you bring to the table
- Experience designing and developing complex, reliable software systems
- Eagerness to learn new technologies, dive into hard problems and find creative solutions
- Very strong coding (Python) and algorithms skills
- Bachelors in CS or equivalent, or strong work experience
Bonus points if...
- Familiar with computer vision and/or machine learning technologies and concepts
- Strong networking and/or distributed systems experience
- Experience with Kubernetes, gRPC, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Kafka, Redis
What we offer in return
- Competitive pay and equity
- The chance to constantly work on stimulating intellectual challenges
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Free lunch, healthy drinks, and snacks every day
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance with 100% paid premiums
- A flexible schedule that leaves time for all of your other interests
- A budget for whatever hardware or software will make you most effective
- Resources to learn about the cutting edge of software engineering and computer vision
Matroid is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.